List Of Officials
2023 Seminar Registration
2023 Competition Panels
To Be Published After 2023 Seminar
A site for eLearning – Learn@EuropeWaterski
Jump Video Tape Measure
Jump Times & Rerides
Age Categories / YOB
From these pages you will find lists of International Officials from IWWF Confederation Europe & Africa, competition rules, Officials’ Seminar Information, competition panels and applications, official exam applications, software download links to competition use, etc.
We have different type of officials divided by their function in a waterski competition:
- Drivers (Boat Drivers)
- Homologators (Technical Controllers)
- Scorers (Calculators)
How To Become an International Waterski Official
First of all, you must start your official path at National Level, which means you must go through certain steps with your national Federation, before you are able to make an exam to become as an International Waterski Official.
International Official Exams are explained at our Additional Rules.
Obligations of An International Official
INTERNATIONAL OFFICIALS’ SEMINAR FOR DRIVERS, HOMOLOGATORS, JUDGES AND SCORERS.
RESPONSIBILITY AND PURPOSE
E&A WATERSKI COUNCIL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ORGANISING AN ANNUAL OFFICIALS SEMINAR.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS SEMINAR IS TO PROVIDE:
INTERNATIONAL JUDGES LEVEL 1 & 2 AND INTERNATIONAL SCORERS WITH
- further education in judging and scoring,
- information on the latest rule changes and their interpretation,
- practical trick writing, judging and scoring,
- a trick writing and scoring evaluation.
INTERNATIONAL HOMOLOGATORS AND DRIVERS WITH
- further education in homologation and driving,
- information and demonstrations on the latest technology associated with their responsibilities,
- information on the latest rule changes and their interpretation.
Mandatory attendance any International Official who wishes to inscribe himself for any World or European Titled event, or Cash Prize level 1 competition, in any year must have an attended at least 1 seminar within the previous 3 years; e.g. Seminar 2015 followed by Seminar 2018.
If, however, an Official attends the Seminar current year, he may become eligible to officiate at Titled or Cash Prize 1 events in that current year, if there are spaces.
All International Officials are encouraged to take part in the Officials’ Seminar as often as possible to increase their knowledge.
National Officials are welcome to attend. If they pass their International Official Exam in the same year, their attendance at the Seminar is valid for 3 years.
In order to qualify as “Attended”, an Official must attend the majority of the sessions during the Seminar. This will be monitored at each session.
- Theoretical and practical exam facilities for Judge 1, Judge 2 (3 event) and Judge 2 (2 event) qualification will be made vailable at every Seminar.
- Theoretical exam facilities for International Homologator (Level 1 & 2), International Scorer (Level 2) and International Driver (Level 1 & 2) qualification will be made available at every Seminar. Practical exams will still have to be taken at competitions.
- Judge 1 & Judge 2 (3 event) Re-Qualification. They must take a test at least every 3 years during the Seminar to maintain their status. This will be a practical test, which may also include theoretical questions as needed.
DATE AND VENUE
Federations wishing to host the Seminar should apply in writing to E&A Waterski Council, who will, as far as is possible, announce dates and venues at least 2 years in advance of each Seminar..
The venue should move around the Europe Confederation, offering an equal chance to Officials from all Countries to attend. This will be taken into consideration when allocating Seminar venues.
The date should be in spring (or autumn) of any year.
Each individual attending the Seminar is responsible for his own costs of travel and accommodation.
Confederation Europe will provide the meeting rooms and lecture facilities.
Seminar Organisers (since 1996)
Homologation and Scoring Software
Scoring Software is a shareware and needs a username & password for download.
Homologation Software is a freeware.
SPLASHEYE is an ultimate training tool, the easiest to use competition system:
– Automatic Jump Measurement
– Automatic Slalom Gates
– Automatic End Course.
Sure-Path is a new system for tracking the position of a tournament waterski boat within the boat lane of the slalom or jump course, accurately and in real time.
Video Tape Measure is a Windows 10 program that was approved by IWWF to measure jump distances.
It accepts either standard definition or high definition video streams and employs the same concepts as Bob Corson’s Video Jump and Splasheye, so current jump grids can use this new program without any modification to the site.
A minimum screen resolution of 1920×1080 is required but can run on laptops with less screen resolution with an HDMI-attached external monitor.
Video Tape Measure includes an easy-to-use personal video recorder if a jump is missed.
One grid is displayed at a time with the ability to switch between four grid setups.
You need to furnish your own video capture device – see the discussion in the built-in manual for which capture devices work well with Video Tape Measure and which ones don’t.
Video tape Measure can be used for 3-event, barefoot, and sit ski jumping.